Here are a few tips on how to survive a jet lag:
– Try not to drink too much caffeine or alcohol.
– If possible, try fasting until the next morning. When you wake up the following day, have a big breakfast. This will send the message to your brain that this is the start of the day.
– Try to get a workout in. It will get your blood pumping and bring some life back into your body.
– Expose yourself to light: I think this is the one that has helped me the most. As soon as you get off the plane, try to expose yourself to as much natural light as possible.
– Set an alarm or let natural light into your room so you can wake up at a ‘local’ time. Try to expose yourself to light right away… go out for a coffee or breakfast or just a walk. Force yourself to get out of bed!
– When you feel yourself falling asleep and it’s a reasonable hour to do so, climb into bed and let yourself drift away…
– If it doesn’t happen, try melatonin.