Here are a few tips on how to survive a jet lag:
– Don’t drink too much caffeine or alcohol on your trip over to your destination, and the next day or two after you get there.
– If possible, try fasting until the next morning. When you wake up the following day, have a big breakfast. This will send the message to your brain that this is the start of the day.
– Eat healthy nutritious food.
– Get a workout in. It will get your blood pumping and bring some life back into your body.
– Go outside for a walk or just sit on a patio and breathe in some fresh air and…
– Expose yourself to natural light: I think this is the one that has helped me the most. As soon as you get off the plane, try to expose yourself to as much natural light as possible.
– Set an alarm or let natural light into your room so you can wake up at a ‘local’ time. Try to expose yourself to light right away… go out for a coffee or breakfast or just a walk. Force yourself to get out of bed!
– Unless absolutely necessary, I don’t nap the day I get to destination nor the next following days. I try to get right on the new schedule.
– When you feel yourself falling asleep and it’s a reasonable hour to do so, climb into bed and let yourself drift away…
– If it doesn’t happen, try melatonin.
I hope this little post will help you survive your jet lag!
Related posts: The Hotel Life, How to travel to Egypt as a woman in 2019, What I learned from my one month vacation, Travel packing tips from a seasoned traveler.